Thursday, September 4, 2008

Being Carter, Thal, J'Onzz & Frank



A year ago, I started my daily Martian Manhunter blog. Not long after, the actor Damian Maffei started a really killer daily Atom blog, The Tiny Titan. Ray Palmer was one of my favorite characters, and J'Onn J'Onzz was among Damian's favorite characters, so we cross commented/promoted/etc. It was all great fun, and since Hawkman was closely associated with Atom, Damian included him in the Atom blog.

Damian Maffei was never heard from again.

Okay, that's not true, as his IMDB page lists him as being involved in pre-production for LiveMansion: The Movie as a lead actor. Still, we lost a good blog there.

Luke has been a regular commenter here at the Idol-Head, as well as serving duty on his own comic blog El Jacone's Comic Book Bunker. Luke has also decided to start a regular Hawkman blog, which I'm now cross-promoting/commenting at/etc. Hopefully, this effort turns out to be long lived, rather than Luke disappearing into the ether. Hawkman has a really unlucky history with abrupt cancellations, so I wanted to give as big a push here as possible, now that Luke's had a chance to build up the page.

It's worth noting that while I like Atom and Hawkman, J'Onn J'Onzz barely had a relationship with one, and a sometimes tense dynamic with the other. If Being Carter Hall doesn't do well, I may begin to wonder if the curse of the Idol-Head of Diabolu lives on.

Speaking of cursing, I wasn't a happy camper when I realized there wasn't a Captain America blog I could find on Google. Captain America is possibly my favorite super-hero ever, and while I know he has tons of sites and message boards-- no blog. I have a dream you see, where every major comic book hero has one Google-based daily blog. You pick your one hero, and blog your heart out as a member of some weird geek blog coalition. Luke took Hawkman, Adama chose Green Arrow, Rob Aquaman, and so on. I already staked my place with Hawkman, and since I'm a mere mortal, unlike Rob Kelly, I'm holding to that. Thankfully, Rick has stepped up with Let's Rap With Cap. Now if only someone would get around to Captain Comet...

No comments: