Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Materializing on Mars Fan Photo Collage



As of today I have 700 posts in the Idol-Head's queue-- most published, many not, and in a variety of states. Seems like cause for some sort of celebration/bitter reflection!

Something like a decade back, one of my best friends scanned a whole heap of images for my old Martian Manhunter: The Rock of the JLA web site. My internet access was off a lousy WebTV, which also hosted the site. As I had no computer, my friend was willing to indulge my excesses. One piece he scanned was from the original Kingdom Come hardcover of the mentally "broken" J'Onn J'Onzz, featuring art and (as I recall) brief commentary by Alex Ross (or maybe Mark Waid?) Later, he took that black and white sketch and manipulated it into two color photo collages featuring the Martian Manhunter standing on the actual Mars. I don't believe I ever got around to using them on the old site, so this is likely their first ever public exhibition. I think they're grrreat, and it's about time I shared them with the world!

No comments: