Friday, March 27, 2015

2005 Comic-Con International: San Diego Souvenir Book art by Uriel Reyes Botello

Click To Enlarge


Despite being a full page entry, this piece is hurt very much by the absence of color. As best as I can tell, John Jones is in the midst of transforming into J'Onn J'Onzz. The dark blob near the logo appears to be a hat flying off, the toupee is Jones' hair fading, and his badge is dangling from the right hand. I hoped to find this online somewhere, but after searching for a while under several name variations, the only Uriel Reyes I could find does semi/nude glamor photography.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey guys, this was send to me today, this is an old piece i did back in 2005, i will try to look for the color version of it and post on my instagram and Facebook. Thanks so much for sharing :)
You can find me as urireyes on Facebook or urireyes and #ureibo on instagram

Diabolu Frank said...

I'll happily post the color version if it turns up!

Unknown said...

here you go guys!!!, thanks for sharing, hope you enjoy it!

https://instagram.com/p/1VKQT2H1bh/