Friday, March 27, 2015

2005 Comic-Con International: San Diego Souvenir Book art by Uriel Reyes Botello

Click To Enlarge


Despite being a full page entry, this piece is hurt very much by the absence of color. As best as I can tell, John Jones is in the midst of transforming into J'Onn J'Onzz. The dark blob near the logo appears to be a hat flying off, the toupee is Jones' hair fading, and his badge is dangling from the right hand. I hoped to find this online somewhere, but after searching for a while under several name variations, the only Uriel Reyes I could find does semi/nude glamor photography.

3 comments:

uri reyes said...

hey guys, this was send to me today, this is an old piece i did back in 2005, i will try to look for the color version of it and post on my instagram and Facebook. Thanks so much for sharing :)
You can find me as urireyes on Facebook or urireyes and #ureibo on instagram

Diabolu Frank said...

I'll happily post the color version if it turns up!

uri reyes said...

here you go guys!!!, thanks for sharing, hope you enjoy it!

https://instagram.com/p/1VKQT2H1bh/