Monday, January 22, 2024

Brightest Day #23 (Early June, 2011)

Having accepted a new role as Earth's elemental heroes in service to the Life Entity, Martian Manhunter bonds with... er... earth, Firestorm fire (doesn't have fire powers, but see also J'Onn J'Onzz), Aquaman water, and the Hawks wind. They are meant to combat the corrupted Avatar of the Green, Swamp Thing, who has been possessed by the Black Lantern power battery, or something. No way are you convincing me that this story was planned out from the beginning. The final stand will take place around the Star City forest, and also the reanimated corpse of Alec Holland will be on hand to negate one of the best loved Alan Moore stories of all time. Hell of a way to say thanks for providing the foundation for most of your career, Johns.

"Rise and Fall" was by writers Peter J. Tomasi & Geoff Johns, with art by Ivan Reis, Joe Prado, & company. I tried to get back to this over the holidays, but every time I went to log into the blog or read the last chapters, I heard a cracking sound in my soul. Sorry folks, but I'm feeling better now (despite actually being sick in bed for much of this weekend.)

5 comments:

Kevin from New Orleans said...

Glad to see you are back.

The Deadend Kid said...

As well. May the Idol-Head itself grant you life anew for slogging through Johns.

Diabolu Frank said...

Thanks, folks! I want to do some nice stuff for the 70th anniversary next year, but I have to maintain to support that. Sorry for the lapse.

The Deadend Kid said...

Holler if you want me to do somethin' nice for ya. I'm not fast, but I'm thorough...

The Deadend Kid said...

(art-wise, he said, for clarity)