Saturday, December 8, 2007

Freedom Force: Martian Manhunter Adventure (2007)

I was tempted to treat this with the same "mockumentary" flare of yesterday's post, but this one was too well done to risk actually misinforming people. Reader Benton Grey submitted the follow video from YouTube of his creation. I'll let him explain it.

"This is a teaser trailer for the first level (or issue) of my campaign for DC's JLA. The first few missions are solo issues of the individual characters, and this one stars J'Onn J'Onnz. This is part of a mod I'm making for a game called Freedom Force. If you're interested, check out the site, here:
http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/mods/
This mod endeavors to produce the DC Universe in the greatest superhero game of all time, Freedom Force. It will include missions for many DC characters, including the Martian Manhunter, Superman, Batman, Aquaman, and many of other heroes and villains.

Note: None of the art elements shown here were produced by me. They are the work of those much more talented."

Personally, turn-based role-playing games remind me of each second ticking toward the ultimate demise of my very being, but this seems pretty cool for this type of thing. "Final Fantasy 7" broke something inside me that never healed, y'know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Frank! I really appreciate the kind words, but let me correct you, if you don't mind. FF isn't turn based, it's real time, but you CAN pause it to issue orders. In the video I was pretty much just trying to show off the Manhunter's different abilities.

Diabolu Frank said...

I stand corrected, but by the FF7 reference, it should be clear I'm an out of touch dinosaur on the video game front. My interest peaked with Resident Evil 2, and I was pretty much lost all interest once I discovered the internet in the late 90's/early oughts. I actually have a copy of Freedom Force I bought for $10 or less several years back, and it seemed like fun for what it was, but I lost interest inside a few hours. It's isn't you, Video Games-- it's me...