Friday, November 7, 2008

Female Versions of Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter by Mitch Foust

Click To Enlarge


Yesterday, I posted a piece of fan art by a woman who shifted J'Onn J'Onzz's gender to female. This made sense in context, as it would be great to have more female super-heroines of the stature enjoyed by the founders of the Justice League of America. Now this piece, while very well rendered, is a horse of a different color. I have a hard enough time understanding women seeing sex appeal in the Martian Manhunter. A man looking at a seven foot tall, muscular, bald, green-skinned fellow and thinking "I wants to see that with teh biggun breasteses?" I'm flabbergasted.

Anyway, the art looks good, and you can see more of Mitch Foust's work here.

2 comments:

Bookgal said...

LOl, its J'onn's brain/soul. Every woman I know who's said J'onn was sexy goes right to his personality.

This is a very interesting piece though.

Diabolu Frank said...

I figured... :)