Friday, July 2, 2010

2010 DC HeroClix The Brave and the Bold #57: Black Lantern Martian Manhunter



I'm pretty lousy about discouraging correspondence with readers outside of the moderated comments section of each post. I don't hate you folks, just spam, which is the only thing I delete before approving comments. I also like making sure to read every single message you guys leave.

However,  if you wanted to directly email me, you'd really have to root around to find the post where I gave email_of_diabolu as my extension at the Yoohoo plant. Thankfully, a reader by the name of "ej" kept us all in  mind, and sent me a link to this here nifty Heroclix. "I'd like to get one but they appear to be going for about $99. A little rich for my tastes considering that I gave about $170 for the Alex Ross MM statue." Being cheap, I didn't even pay that much for the 1997 Michael Bair Unused Martian Manhunter Art Page that hangs over my desk as I type, and I even grouse a bit over the $4 I spent for the Oreo/Choco Heroclix I still need to post about here, so ej's still a fan in good standing by my reckoning. Plus, a first Martian Manhunter memory revolving around the swell "Secret of the Purple People" is coming from a good place.

Short story long, Black Lantern J'Onn J'Onzz has a Heroclix figurine, and it can do stuff in that game, but I don't know nothin' 'bout all that. The head seems disproportionate, like you could make its teeth clack together if you shook it, but it's otherwise a nice little sculpt. Kudos on a job well done, and thanks to ej for the heads-up!

No comments: