Sunday, September 19, 2010

2010 DC Universe Classics Series 15 Jemm Action Figure



I've been on the lookout for a Blue Devil DC Universe Classics Action Figure at local department stores for months, as I refuse to pay an inflated specialty store price. All I ever find are those bony looking Power Girls and other undesirables, so I consider turning up a Son of Saturn figure long odds. If I ever did get a hold of one, I doubt my pictures would be as good as The Fwoosh's Jemm first look gallery, so why not save us all a wait and trouble by redirecting ya'll over there? Besides, another never was Summer of Saturn has come and gone, so I'd like to at least stuff the half-September of Saturn with as many treats as I can under my current schedule.

This is the first Jemm action figure ever made, likely spurred on by his recent appearances in Superman: World of New Krypton. Thankfully, they stuck with a close approximation of the Son of Saturn's classic appearance, which while dated remains unique. Pete Woods' crappy take was to give Jemm claws, and basically make him look as much like a demonic Namor as possible. As if Jemm's distinctive four fingers of E.T. extension weren't made to clutch winnage.

The package comes with a Validus build-a-figure arm and a button featuring Jemm dressed all in black.

2 comments:

will_in_chicago said...

I do like the look of Jemm, alien yet elegant. There is a certain symmetry of line to the figure.

LissBirds said...

In addition to what will said, I really like the face sculpt. Very fine-featured. Now I'm tempted to order a figure in addition to the Martian Manhunter figure I pre-ordered...