Thursday, November 3, 2011

2011 DC COMICS - JUSTICE LEAGUE WP6241 Poster



I was at Blockbuster Video the other day... the actual store... yeah, there are still actually stores... you're thinking of Hollywood Video... What were we talking about? Oh yeah, so in the store, they had a poster of Howard Porter and John Dell's artwork from the cover of JLA #1. It was kind of random fifteen years after the fact, but I've always loved that piece of art, and wonder why it doesn't get swiped once or twice a year like Kevin Maguire's Justice League #1. Anyway, it was only $9.95, but the scan lines from an upsized digital file were pretty obvious, and I haven't had room to hang any of my other posters for several years now. Still, I'm glad it's out there, and recommend interested parties seek it out.

2 comments:

LissBirds said...

That is pretty random! But I'm glad there's some relic of a Justice League that had the Martian Manhunter in it still available for sale.

I've never come across one myself (though I haven't really looked) but Maguire's Justice League cover would make a great poster.

(And there still are Blockbuster Video stores?)

Diabolu Frank said...

That's why JLA was so simple and ingenious. All the classic DC heroes together in one place with modern art and coloring. Martian Manhunter is the only sore thumb, and after Justice League Unlimited, not so much. I suppose Jim Lee's doing the same thing now, aside from Cyborg...