Sunday, January 19, 2014

2012 “Noir Martian Manhunter” color art by Dan Barrett

Click To Enlarge


I have always really liked the John Jones incarnation of the Martian Manhunter character from DC comics. He's so much cooler as a ghostly noir detective. I think he should just stick to the fedora and trench coat. So much better than a blue speedo with red suspenders and a cape.
It's 4:30 a.m. I've killed a bottle of nasty Moscato made palatable by Diet Mountain Dew and the last of the ice cream that ruined me for all others, Blue Bell Homemade in the Shade. I am not up for in-depth blogging this evening morning.

2 comments:

Count Drunkula said...

I love that picture. And I sorta/kinda agree with the artist's position on J'Onn's costume.

LissBirds said...

The artist's style clashes a bit with noirish elements, but, hey, it's good.

I like how he's half intangible--nice touch.

The trench coat is classic for any noir protagonist--I'm inclined to agree.