Monday, October 29, 2007

JLA: Seven Caskets (2000)



I had intended to run this one on Wednesday for Halloween, but the breakdown and art reference for "Scary Monsters" ran longer than I expected, and I didn't want to break the flow once it really started going. I blame Claremont's infamous exposition.



Following is a synopsis exactly as written but unpublished seven years ago:

“Barrow, Alaska. The mind of the Moon King is closed to any attempts at parley. And despite the fluidity of its spirit form...is highly damaging to the Martian Manhunter’s.” The world was plagued by ghosts sent forth by seven ancient kings old when the world was young. To combat the horrors, the JLA became possessed by chaos incarnate. They beat the bad guy. The end. JLA: Seven Caskets (2000) was produced by Dan Brereton.

Whether this speaks to my burn-out with regards to the old site or my utter indifference to the story is up to you. To be frank, I didn't remember that I’d even read the thing before stumbling upon this. In retrospect, it seems like an excellent opportunity for Brereton to draw dark, pointy things for an above-average paycheck.

No comments: