Monday, March 31, 2008

Hembeck Strip Day Six



Back in early December, I began running a portion of Fred Hembeck's comic strip "Between The Panels," which was later expanded into 1980's "Abbott & Costello Meet The Bride of Hembeck (#3)" from Fantaco. I've had other business I wanted to present since then, but as circumstances prevented me from updating over a recent three day weekend, now seems like a perfect time to backdate a continuation of the strip. It would take me a full week to wrap the Martian Manhunter-related portion, so here's my promise of more to come sometime in the (hopefully distant) future.

For those coming in late, here are links to the original posts:

Hembeck #3 Cover & Backstory

Day/Strip One

Day/Strip Two

Day/Strip Three


And if you enjoy these, feel free to visit Fred Hembeck's Personal Website. The full strip and a great many more are available in print form within THE NEARLY COMPLETE ESSENTIAL HEMBECK ARCHIVES OMNIBUS TP, now available from Image Comics. Don't blame anyone else for the shabby coloring though, as that's all me.

No comments: