Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Justice League of America Gargoyle 500-piece Puzzle Tin



Okay, I'm behind schedule on every blog I run, I'm heavily involved with a special project next week, my sister's family starts a week long visit from out of state this weekend, I had food poisoning and the dog ate my homework. Suffice to say, I'm frayed and winging it for dear life, so I appreciate when you folks come alone and provide me with material in a pinch. For instance, Shag extended an invitation to use pictures from his DC jigsaw puzzles, and I got two posts out of that sweet deal. At the end of one, I mentioned an Aquaman-themed jigsaw puzzle I'd stumbled across while filling out my portion of the Shag posts in the wee hours of the morning before work. Tom Hartley, responsible for a pair of popular speculative covers for Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter Vol. 3 TP, seen here and here, continued exploring to uncover a third jigsaw puzzle for J'Onn J'Onzz!

The tin was produced by Fusion Toys, presumably within the last decade. MSRP is $10.99, though you can find it cheaper, and measures 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" x 3". Here, our hero is joined by Batman, and once again, Dr. Fate. It's really curious how often the Manhunter from Mars gets wrapped up with Kent Nelson. From multiple Earths analogs to co-founding the Post-Legends Justice League to sharing a helm of power to pairing off in random pin-ups. They were even part of the same Super Powers Collection wave, which involved appearances in one another's mini-comics and even standing beside one another in an animated television commercial. If I didn't know back, I'd get all Brokeback about this!

Anyway, thanks to both Shag and Tom for the great and timely offerings!

No comments: