Sunday, June 12, 2011

2010 DC Originals Men's Sleep Pant RN# 82457



For months, I kept seeing boxer shorts and pajamas bottoms available at Wall*Mart during my irregular visits related to DC characters. One in particular had caught my eye, with a black base color, but swimming in DC character logos. I never bought them though, because the icons were all your typical "name brand" variety like Superman, Batman, the Flash and Green Lantern. Even the Satellite Era Justice League of America logo was too generic to validate my picking any up "for blogging purposes."



In March or April, I came upon a pair that had expanded its selection of logos to Super Powers, Green Arrow, Hawkman, the Red Tornado (amateurish though the Usurper's may be,) and... could it be, Martian Manhunter?!?



The pants are quite comfortable, being 100% cotton, but quite thin. I'm not complaining, because I can still wear them out in the heat of an East Texas summer, and am old/shameless enough to be seen in the atrociously loud garb. However, I'm just waiting for the tie to bust on me, and I don't trust a single button crotch when it comes to anything. The side pockets are great for playing polo, but they will lose you a wallet, and there's nothing in the back but ass.



Speaking of ass, here's my uncomfortably dumpy self staging an inter-company crossover through my ensemble. Above is of course a distressed Secret Wars #1 t-shirt, and to add to the levels, I got it at Target. Anyway, I get done with school, then I take my super-shabby self to the gym...



Folders & Fodder

2 comments:

Count Drunkula said...

All that last image does is perpetuate the idea that Marvel is on top of DC. Still, nice pants!

LissBirds said...

The Martian Manhunter logo? I need to get me a pair of these! Like I need an excuse to go to Wal-Mart.

I saw a girl at school a while back with with a pair of PJ pants that had Marvel logos all over it, so I guess DC is catching on.

Hey, I just noticed Red Tornado on there...that kinda takes away from it a little bit.