Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mr. V @ Comic Vine



Today is Free Comic Book Day! Or not. Bleh. I bought all of mine in advance, and I should be breaking open my box tomorrow. I'd be more excited, but today started off with the premature death of a Beastie Boy (R.I.P. MCA,) and went downhill from there. It's nearly 5:00 A.M., I have tons of partially finished projects unready to post, and this is about the time I ask myself what I was thinking when I decided a daily Martian Manhunter blog was a good idea.

Thankfully, zing, my get-out-of-jail free card. Nobody got around to creating a Comic Vine Wiki for Mister V, who is only like the Fourth Most Important Martian Manhunter Adversary Ever by my accounting, so I earned 148 points building one from scratch. I can't even buy a tube of Sixlets with that, but whatevs. Respect, ya'll. Once again, the art as it appears above was originally used on the Vile Menagerie Collage, but it's just a badly colored tampering with my fine 2011 Phil Hester Comicpalooza Commission. Phil will not be returning in 2012, which is just the cherry on this friggin' day...

5 comments:

mathematicscore said...

I got above the 1000 point mark surprisingly quickly, most thanks to huge revamps of MM's page. Once you do that, most edits don't have to wait, which is nice, because waiting 24hrs to correct a typo was damn annoying.

will_in_chicago said...

I am looking forward to going over the entry tonight. Thanks for all that you do. (I also plan to read Stormwatch 9 again as I picked it up this afternoon.)

mathematicscore said...

Also, when was J'onn brainwashed into fighting the JLA? I don't remember the JLA ever appearing in the Showcase MM volumes...

Diabolu Frank said...

Oh, then I definitely have to get up to 1000 points soon. For instance, I have to add the Showcase Presents: Justice League of America volume that collects the issue of Justice League of America in which Mr. V appears that is one of the three series Mr. V has made appearances in as shown on the Mr. V Comic Vine wiki...

mathematicscore said...

Wow, I'm not sure how I missed that.