Sunday, November 10, 2013

2011 Justice League of America Alex Ross Custom Set by Tony Gonzales

Click To Enlarge


Likely based on the 1999 Hasbro Justice League of America Monopoly Game, the artist "Jest84" created an "Alex Ross Collector's Edition," as detailed here. On Gonzales' board, J'Onn J'Onzz took the low rent troika of avenues Connecticut, Vermont, Oriental; renamed "Shape-Shifter," "Telepathic Powers," and "Incredible Alien Power." Check out the revised board below...

Click To Enlarge


The Justice/Batcomputer Files

4 comments:

will_in_chicago said...

I think that J'Onn is still better away from a Justice League that too often treated him as a second stringer and failed to use the character to his full potential. (He has faced tragedies greater than those of Batman or Superman. He grew up in his world, started a family and saw it destroyed. A lesser soul would look on the tragedies of Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent with derision but J'Onn is a class act.) Still, I liked Justice a great deal as it highlighted J'Onn and made it seemt hat all the characters mattered.

Diabolu Frank said...

J'Onn J'Onzz is one of the few DC icons I still want to see Alex Ross paint.

LissBirds said...

I think J'onn should get the green squares, and Batman should get the purple ones. But I'm glad he's on the board, at least.

Personally, there aren't enough "John Jones" Alex Ross paintings out there--there would be a glimpse here or there, from what I can remember, and not much else. Somehow, I found seeing Alex Ross paint regular folks to be more interesting than his renderings of superheroes. (I still remember Cheetah in that hat that would put Carmen Sandiego to shame.) See--this is what comics needs--more big hats and fur coats.

Diabolu Frank said...

Good point on John Jones. I'm sure he was in the Secret Origins tabloid, and I think he had a cameo in Kingdom Come, but that's all that comes to mind.

That print suit was probably Cheetah's best ever costume.