Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 "LATE NIGHT SNACK..." color art by Tom Valente

Click To Enlarge


Back in November, we featured Tom Valente's 2007 sketch titled "ICE COLD MILK and AN OREO COOKIE", thanks to a link from the Martian Manhunter Fotolog. Today, I received a comment from the artist...

Hey everyone! I just saw this blog recently and I wanted to pop in to say thanks for posting up my sketch; I'm glad you all liked it. And if you'd like, you can check out the finished color version over on my blog. http://tomvalente.blogspot.com/

Btw, I would say he's watching "My Favorite Martian" re-runs.

As you can see, this is a much more complete presentation, with a surprisingly subdued mood. Do note that in the finished piece, just as in the comics, the Oreos brand has been retconned into Chocos. There's also a lot more detail and in jokes. I like this quite a bit, and am glad Tom let us in on the revisitation. If you dig this, do follow the link to Tom's blog, or check out his work at Cracked.com.

4 comments:

LissBirds said...

This is like an 11 on my Scale of Epic Cuteness.

Tom Valente said...

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. And thanks for posting this, too; it's much appreciated.

Josh Hill said...

so damn cool. I made this the background on my computer. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?.