Wednesday, May 1, 2013

2013 New 52 Villain’s Month: Malefic #1!


MALEFIC #1
• “Darkness in the Heart”
• Finally, the truth can be revealed! Once, J'ONN J'ONZZ had a younger brother named Ma'al, named for his "Heart," who adored and emulated him. Today, only the sadistic Green Martian terrorist Ma'alefa'ak remains! What could have turned this once gentle youth into a mass-murdering psychopath, and what role did COMMANDER BLANX play in the transformation? How will the MARTIAN MANHUNTER confront his own blood turned bad? Find out here!
• Written by the acclaimed David Lapham (YOUNG LIARS, Stray Bullets)!
• Art by Jamal Igle and Ray Kryssing!
• Learn the untold history of the New 52!

 

Spinning out of the pages of the New 52 Martian Manhunter ongoing series as part of Villain’s Month! Hey, I'm sure May has its fair share of fools, as well. This one was done quick and rough, partly because I'm either having trouble with DC's garbage late '90s paper stock, or my scanner is finally crapping out after a decade of hardy service.

3 comments:

Omega Agent1 said...

Fools or not, This is a series I would pick up if you wrote and drew it. I'm really interested in Ma'alefa'ak's story. He should have his own book.

LissBirds said...

When I first read it, I thought you invented a third son named "Ma'al" and I didn't put two and two together. Then I was pretending that if Ma'alefa'ak was a middle child, that would explain a lot.

Martin Gray said...

I believed that for a second! I so miss (the proper) J'onn having a book of his own.