Friday, June 6, 2014

2014 Truly Gone and Forgotten: The Lost Junior Partners by Jonathan Morris



Cartoonist "Calamity" Jon Morris has run the satirical comic book blog Gone & Forgotten since 1997, digging up and mocking old funny book ephemera. In his most recent piece, he discusses the forever absent Teen Titans, never members of the team or even acknowledged since their first (likely only) appearance. It never occurred to me to include T'omm J'onzz in any teen team, even The Boy All-Stars, where I tapped Zook. Even the guy who runs the Martian Manhunter blog can't be bothered to keep T'omm in his thoughts. Anyway, follow the link as Jon spares a moment for the least loved J'onzz brother, Tornado Tot, and Superman, Junior...

2 comments:

will_in_chicago said...

I knew about T'Omm from here, but did not know about Superman, Jr. and the Tornado Tot. As for Jon's comments on J'Onn J'Onnzz, the description of what has become of a once idyllic and utopian Mars reminds me of the Matthew Sweet song, Devil With the Green Eyes. http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/123857/

"The devil with the green eyes
Said you were never meant to be mine
'Cause I came up from a dark world
And every love I've ever known
Every love I've ever known
Every love I've ever know is dead"

LissBirds said...

"The explanation is "You guys cramp my Earth-style". That made me laugh out loud. Also the "Tom Jones" reference.

I'm glad T'omm never stuck. There is truth in that "Earth-style" line.