Saturday, September 5, 2026

2005 Upper Deck Justice League of America VS System CCG Card DJL-073: Staged Attack

Illustration by Billy Dallas Patton & Kris Justice.

Annoying to have Google/Blogspot/Blogger's comment mechanism break down for two days a few days into the only multi-day posting I do here all year*. Especially because I was working on fairly substantial comments to other people's blogs, so I guess the timing was actually good, because I could just tuck those into one of these posts to pull out later. And anyway, Saturday morning is a perfect time to address the matter, since I was never going to have much to say about a sportsball-themed gaming card by unfamiliar artists** featuring a gambling-themed super-villain team I never had much use for. Just another "X" on the calendar.

* Scheduling/posting was giving me trouble too, so I'm glad I got anything out at all.

** Even their names sound more like football players' than comic book drawrers. This post brought to you by DraftKings.

2 comments:

Kevin From New Orleans said...

They all look weird wearing jerseys as costumes.

Diabolu Frank said...

They're super-heroes, but they look like kids in those oversized jerseys. Feels like an artist still struggling with fundamentals going way too conceptual.