Sunday, August 1, 2010

DC Comics Martian Manhunter Circle Image T-Shirt



Made from 100% Cotton, this green, slightly distressed t-shirt features an image of the Martian Manhunter, confidently posed with arms akimbo, encircled by a crazy, Kirbyesque cosmic canvas! Martian Manhunter is the cornerstone of the Justice League with many powers similar to Superman, in addition to psionics, invisibility, shape shifting...yeah, he can most definitely take you AND your big brother! This green t-shirt is for members of the Bring Martian Manhunter Back from the Dead (Not As A Black Lantern) Because He Got One Hell of a Raw Deal in the Greatly Conceived But Poorly Executed Final Crisis Society [the B.M.M.B.D.(N.A.B.L.)B.H.G.O.H.R.D.G.C.B.P.E.F.C.S. for short]!

Small-Extra Large: $19.99
XXL: $23.99

Thanks to The Irredeemable Shag for hipping me to this T! See more here! I assume this was released sometime in 2009, and the art should be by Ed Hannigan from an '80s style guide.

12 comments:

will_in_chicago said...

Nice shirt and image. J'Onn could use more merchandising, as well as writers and editors who will treat the character concept with more respect. (Okay, that seems to be in short supply in the DC universe, as Wonder Woman seems to have picked up her new outfit from a few resale shops.)

mathematicscore said...

Purchased.

Diabolu Frank said...

For the record, I make nothing off that link, but I'm happy to know someone will be wearing this shirt out there in the world.

mathematicscore said...

I just realized there might be more than one, and that site features somewhere around six other shirts with our boy on them in some capacity, including three solo shots. This is kind of insane to me. I had a moment of buyers regret since there were other options, but I feel this one still wins. This image just feels T-shirt worthy.

LissBirds said...

I like the Alex Ross t-shirt. I almost bought that a year ago but I don't have the guts to wear anything like that in public.

And holy crap...Dr. Fate has a shirt?! And the Atom logo? These must be new.

Still...no Adam Strange t-shirts to be found. Absolutely no t-shirt love for that man.

LissBirds said...

Oh, and if you really love the pie symbol:

http://store.comicfusion.net/dec084637.html

People might think you're just a huge fan of Trivial Pursuit, though.

LissBirds said...

Ohh!! Nevermind, this is what I really want.

The sad thing is, I can't place the art. It's awesome, though.

Diabolu Frank said...

I own the pie shirt, but it's still in the bag for several stupid reasons. I've been debating on the magnet for a bit, and since Shag linked me to it, I've been planning to use its existence as a filler post while I'm out of the country this weekend...

LissBirds said...

The description of the magnet really made me laugh: "Martian Manhunter is just a big, lost, little puppy. Wait, that doesn't make any sense." And it's only five bucks. I'd buy just about anything for five bucks.

Do you know who the artist is, though?

mathematicscore said...

I almost wish I had noticed that magnet before placing that order, it's pretty tight. I almost looks like Jim Lee's work, maybe before the look he went with the JLA appearance in his Superman run.

Diabolu Frank said...

Man, when I do post that magnet? Zero comments-- guaranteed. I'm all over striking while the iron is ice cold.

Liss, I'd guess like the Firestorm magnet that this is by Ed Benes. It's got that Glass House Studios vibe.

mathematicscore said...

Yeah, I'll buy Benes. Popped collar aside, that's pretty much right on.