Sunday, April 14, 2013

2010 “Martian Manhunter - Theatrical Trailer” by SouperboyX

“This is the eighth Origin Trailer for "Month of Justice". This is the "Martian Manhunter" Trailer. It is probably the most epic one out of them all, or maybe a close tie with "The Last Son of Krypton" Trailer. Anyway, I know I skipped a few days in there, but it has been way too busy, but I'm willing to get back on track if you guys are. I should still have about 30 videos by the end of the month so don't worry, and you guys will like the end result. Audio: Trinity - James Dooley”
I've seen this once or twice on YouTube, but kept forgetting to post it here. The opening moments are from the Transformers: Dark of the Moon teaser trailer. I was surprised to realize they closely paralleled the first few pages of "War of the Worlds 1984," the Justice League of America arc that brought J'onn J'onzz back to comics for good. The Smallville's most quotable John Jones lines material was fun. The Day the Earth Stood Still footage was also a good choice, because who saw that crap? Unfortunately, the trailer consists mostly of footage from other trailers rather than movie meat, so despite having never seen Prince of Persia, I knew exactly where that millisecond came from. A solid effort nonetheless.

3 comments:

LissBirds said...

All prints of that The Day the Earth Stood Still remake needs to be buried somewhere under the Earth's crust...

I remember seeing this way back when, and had forgotten about it. It's just nice seeing a fan with that much dedication to the character. Smallville wasn't quite my cup of tea, but it did popularize the character (plus several other minor DC characters,) so I'm always up for that.

Recently I just found out that Phil Morris was Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld, and the voice of Vandal Savage on the JLU cartoon. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

will_in_chicago said...

I liked this, and I thought that Phil Morris played a very credible Martian Manhunter in Smallville. The teen and post-teen angst angle on Smallville was a bit overplayed, but I think that the series did a lot of good for several DC characters.

Diabolu Frank said...

Phil Morris has been my favorite Martian Manhunter actor so far, though the competition isn't exactly fierce.