Saturday, November 3, 2012

2012 “Classic Vs DCNU Martian Manhunter” by TJ Frias

Click To Enlarge


"A return to my Classic Vs. DCnU series: Classic J'onn J'onzz versus Stormwatch Martian Manhunter. J'onn remains one of my personal favorites, and I do like some of the elements in the DCnU design as well. If it ever happened, it should be one hell of a fight!"
After a week or two on the blink, Google's polls finally seemed to be working again, so I was going to do a SurVILEvor Island post. Then they went poo again midway through. I had just finished ribbing The Irredeemable Shag about "hipping" me to a TJ Frias piece I ran over a year ago featuring our favorite blogging hero's (along with Rob's.) He's also pointed out this piece in an email, and I was all "I totally meant to post that ages ago," and wouldn't tonight be perfect, given Plan A's flame-out?

So far, given demonstrated powers and weakness, I'd favor the New 52 Martian Manhunter. Fire has yet to be an explicit issue, and where it has come up, it's been the Blue Flame of Hellspont. He's also held his own against the Justice League and waded through the individual members of Stormwatch during Amnesiapalooza. Say what you will about the new continuity, but so far, the Martian Manhunter hasn't taken any falls to make the Faces look good. Given the caliber of his teammates in the upcoming Justice League of America, J'Onn may well be a Face now himself.

TJ Frias' Post-Crisis DC versus New 52

1 comment:

will_in_chicago said...

I suspect that J'Onn has been moved up to a Face. Consider this: my favorite moment in the current Justice League run was J'Onn's brief appearance in a flashback of wipiong the collective rear ends of Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, the Flash, Green Lantern and Cyborg and mental eavesdropping on them and concluding that they were not ready -- something seemingly proved by subsequent issues.

I do wish that J'Onn's new team had more powerhouses, but perhaps down the road. (Maybe Captain Atom, Firestorm, and maybe someone from a Wildstorm or Milestone property.)