Monday, May 29, 2023

2023 Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 Silver Age-style homage commission by Kerry Callen


I'm trying to wrap up podcasting business after having spent the holiday weekend driving to and from a convention, so I wasn't sure about the if & when of maintaining my scant return to weekly podcasting. Gathering social media for the podcast, I stumbled upon a tweet that would serve for today, a U.S. holiday devoted to the fallen in battle.
Here is a little-seen DC house ad from 1970. Created by an intern fired after only two months. However, his original concept endured and became an ACTUAL series in 1985. Or, maybe it's merely my latest commission. If so, I should have picked a specific artist and aped his style.
For more, check out Kerry Callen Does Stuff!

2 comments:

Kevin from New Orleans said...

When i first glanced at the picture I thought Alan Scott was punching himself in the face.

Diabolu Frank said...

Yeah, I did a double take on that one, too. Should have been a hanky instead of a hand.