Tuesday, August 15, 2023

DC Universe Online Legends #1 (Early April, 2011)

Pretty much every DC title featured preview pages for this series, a tie-in to the just released massively multiplayer online role-playing game. It didn't enjoy the same impact or longevity as Injustice: Gods Among Us, but DC Universe Online saw staggard platform releases through 2019, and to my knowledge is still being supported. Anyway, Martian Manhunter was on those preview pages, or at least his corpse was. Lex Luthor had finally defeated the majority of Earth's metahumans, and killed Superman with a Kryptonite spear. Yeah, it's a safe assumption that this was where Zack Snyder got it from. Lex was helped by Brainiac, who of course betrayed him and began planning the world's destruction, once it was processed by his Exobytes. Are you sleepy? I am. This bedtime story is all too familiar...

"Legendary" was by writers Marv Wolfman & Tony Bedard, pencils by Howard Porter & Adriana Melo, inks by John Livesay & Norman Lee. At least a classic JLA artist was involved.

2 comments:

Kevin from New Orleans said...

I never got to read the comic tie-in but I heard some good things about it. I did see clips of the video game featuring J'Onn & his abilities were looked great on screen, but I wish even though I love the New 52 costume there could have been a 2nd skin for his classic costume .

Diabolu Frank said...

I don't recall if I saw much/any of this game. Injustice seemed to have a much bigger impact.