Wednesday, September 7, 2022

2005 Monogram Products Justice League Martian Manhunter Mini Paperweight

J'Onn J'Ozz, the Martian Manhunter, is a telepath, who also has the ability to shape-shift, and pass through solid objects. As an outsider, J'Onn is fascinated by the contradictions of the human race. Here he is as a handy paperweight, that'll keep your documents on the desk where you need them! This hand-detailed paperweight features his personal icon on the base. In Shops: Jan 26, 2005
I'm super busy tonight and will head straight to a Bloc Party concert from work tomorrow night, so this one will be brief followed in an hour by a great J'Onn J'Onzz guest appearance I promised last week. I don't own this one, although it's inexpensive (MSRP:$12.99) and looks pretty nice. I don't have a great deal of affection for the animated "Zhon Zhowns," because I've only seen a handful of first season episodes of "Justice League." Those failed to impress, and the Manhunter from Mars barely appeared in the vastly superior first season of "Justice League Unlimited." Also, I already own way too much MM Merch. So anyway, keen, so if if you dig it more it's readily available. I'm still tempted to pick up the Atom one though, as I really dig Ray Palmer, and the scale kind of works for him...

2022 UPDATE: I don't know if my Google-Fu wasn't up to snuff in 2007 or if there was just less internet back then, but I have much better details on this item than in the original post. Also, I have no recollection of ever seeing Bloc Party live, and would have argued the point if I wasn't the one who asserted it. Since I have never been a junkie, it must not have been a memorable concert. "If that's the way it is, then that's the way it is..."

2 comments:

kevin from new orleans said...

Did you ever get the Atom one?

Diabolu Frank said...

Never found one in the wild. Lots of figures & figurines, but no busts or statues. Someday one will turn up, whether Justice League or another line.