Friday, August 29, 2014

2007 “Break” fan art by triumph-forks

Click To Enlarge


"J'onn J'onzz taking a break...somewhere (I have no idea where the counter and stool came from...he needs a real background...) with a book. And Ore--Chocos, of course.

Did I mention how much I LOVE the Martian Manhunter? And his trueform?

Martian Manhunter is (c) DC comics, although I don't think they know what to do with him."
I'll be on a bit of a break myself for the next few weeks, and I don't know what kind of internet connection I can look forward to. The auto-posts are scheduled and in fact the content will be better without my presence than it has been the past month or so with me here.

2 comments:

will_in_chicago said...

Frank, take a well deserved break. I will make a few comments. If I find anything interesting, I will post it in the comments.

As for the picture, I like it a lot. J'Onn, unlkie Kal-El, is an alien who will never forget that he is not of this Earth. His values are those of a vanished civilization. He may love humanity, but he knows that he will never be a part of it. Maybe this is why I think him working with Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) is a good choice. Both have similar tragedies, although J'Onn witnessed the death of his world.

Diabolu Frank said...

Over the years, I've found I prefer Kara over Kal, but never articulated in my mind why that was so. The greater similarity to J'Onn J'Onzz in the tragedies & life complications department may be exactly it.