Friday, December 30, 2011

2009 “H’ronmeer’s Flame” mixed drink recipe by Jacob Grier



For the upcoming New Year's Eve, I figured it would be appropriate to feature a Martian flavored cocktail, found at Liquidity Preference...

"I feel a “Money” drink is something you can put in front of anyone, regardless of tastes or distastes about the spirits involved. Come up with a drink or a list based on spirits about drinks that would appeal to anyone."

It breaks down as follows...

  • 2 oz rye whiskey
  • .75 oz Ramazzotti
  • .75 oz Carpano Antica sweet vermouth

"Stir all of the above, strain into a chilled cocktail glass, and flame an orange zest over the surface of the drink. (To flame an orange zest: Take a large swath of zest, toast with a lit match, and squeeze the oils through the flame.)"

Grier closes by noting "Yes, I sneaked a Martian Manhunter reference onto my cocktail menu. And yes, this makes me happier than it rightfully should." Us as well. I haven't tried this drink myself, but if anyone chooses to do so, please leave a comment to offer your opinion of the mix...

1 comment:

LissBirds said...

There's a Martian-themed cocktail, named after a fictitious Martian Manhunter deity to boot? The Internet really does have everything.