Friday, July 18, 2008

The Vile Menagerie Week

Click To Enlarge

One of the ways in which I felt I'd let down ol' J'Onn J'Onzz when I heard he was dying was by not filling out the "Vile Menagerie" more quickly. For those who don't know, I coined the term for Martian Manhunter's rogues gallery back in 1999 for my old "Martian Manhunter: The Rock of the JLA" site. Sadly, while "the Rock" phrase still seems to get play on the 'net years after I abandoned it (focusing on Manhunter as a soloist,) the "Vile Menagerie" never really caught on. Well, maybe it's because I haven't done enough to popularize it, like rounding it out better. I had a lot more rogue profiles back in the day, but I've failed to resurrect and update enough of them, instead resting on links to synopsis and such. Well, no longer! There will be a full week of brand new Vile Menagerie entries, starting tomorrow! Maybe next time a Grant Morrison type is casting about for a Martian Manhunter foe worthy of slaying the Alien Atlas, he won't settle for the freakin' Human Flame! Who will not appear this week! Nyah!

First up will be the the single greatest original Martian Manhunter villain of all time (if you don't count that first appearance against Batman...)

No comments: