Monday, March 25, 2013

2013 Martian Manhunter Movie Fan Casting: Isaach De Bankolé as Ma'alefa'ak

Sometime between 1999 and 2001, I wrote up a fan casting for MARTIAN MANHUNTER: The Motion Picture for my late fan site The Rock of the JLA. Besides being terribly out of date, my casting of heroes and villains skewed very much toward the relatively recent Modern Age. Since the Martian Manhunter was in something like 150 solo adventure strips over thirty years before that period, and about a third as many in the fifteen years I focused on, I essentially cast the Manhunter-centric Justice League movie. I'd like to rectify that...


Since I cast Lance Reddick as J'Onn J'Onzz, and I find the prospect of the same actor offering a dual role as "twins" boring, I need another intense performer physically compatible with Reddick for the part of Malefic. Isaach De Bankolé is one scary looking dude who can act volumes from the bridge of his nose up, is roughly the same age/body type as Reddick, has a great voice and a resume full of evil characters.

Diabolic Movie Fan Casting

4 comments:

Omega Agent1 said...

Agreed. That's three.

Anonymous said...

will you please review Justice League of America #2 and its backup feature? I'm dying to hear your thoughts.

Diabolu Frank said...

Next month, Anny. No room in March between Malefic and the Madness. My own patience with the subject should be taken as ambivalence, though.

LissBirds said...

I think that's a pretty good choice for Ma'alefa'ak, indeed.