I've been a bad blogger this weekend. By circumstances, design and choice, my "daily blog" has once again fallen behind. Worse, I've got two tests coming in as many weeks, one being a final, which will surely cause further interference. Here's the score:
- I've got several weeks worth of "Miss Martian Monday" still in the can, and a new entry will post Monday at 9 P.M.
- I've got the Michael Netzer biography written, and only need to dig up art. Since that will be text heavy, I'll run it on Wednesday.
- I hope to continue my "10 Most Important Adversaries" list this week, but I'm still doing a bit of research, so that likely won't return until near the weekend or afterward.
- To catch up, I'm offering stuff like this. I think folks prefer a meatier blog, but we'll all have to make do for now.
- Next post at noon. I don't myself know what it will be yet.
"Cosplay," per Wikipedia, is "short for 'costume play,'" a "type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea." It's like Halloween, but year round and way dorkier. I can't recall ever seeing anyone pull off a particularly good Martian Manhunter costume, and few try, which is why you haven't seen the word "cosplay" much around here. Well, down in Orlando, Florida, a rather large group of people made a bid to represent the various corps from Blackest Night, with Black Lantern J'Onn J'Onzz among them. I figure this took a lot of time to put together, so it must suck that a good many of these costumes were dated before they were ever displayed. In the Manhunter's case, the use of what looks to be a cheap store bought skull mask gives hope that at least the costs stayed low. The costume itself is pretty spiffy though, and since Dead J'Onn and his buddy Black Lantern Kal-El look pretty beefy, I'd better end this post on a positive note. I love how even here, J'Onn's a jobber for Superman. Plus, that one guy got to dust off his old Parallax get-up, so that must have been nice for him.
For a full view of the image above, check out Black Lantern Martian Manhunter and Black Lantern Superman vs. Guy Gardner from Flikr
The Black Lantern Corps comes for Dan DiDio's heart! from Scans Daily
Finally, the DCU "Source" blog post that ate up a few hours of my day tracking down people cosplaying as former Justice League Detroit members, It’s the DC NATION con tour with Dan DiDio.