Saturday, September 22, 2007

Jim Maddux Sculpt

I collapsed into a heap after the concert last night, and I'm about to head out for a double feature at the movies, so I need another stopgap quickie. While searching for an entirely different, commercially available piece of J'Onn J'Onzz merchandising, I stumbled on a website spotlighting one-of-a-kind sculpts. There I found a piece guaranteed a blog slot by Jim Maddux, a professional who's done many outstanding works, muchly for Randy Bowen's design company on Marvel Comics characters. Here Maddux has produced a series of JLA waist-ups based on the painted posters for DC Comics by Alex Ross. Clearly, Maddux's work here is extremely faithful to the original piece, realizing an already noteworthy effort in full three-dimensional glory. Click the picture for more of Maddux's work.

No comments: