Sunday, June 14, 2009

Legends of the DC Universe 3-D Gallery #1: Chase (12/1998)


Department of Extranormal Operations agent Cameron Chase performed well in our poll, Which Obscure Supporting Characters do you want to read more about on this blog?. How much more can you get from a fictional character than the third dimension, I have to ask? The art is by J.H. Williams and Mick Gray. The color hold doesn't work very well, but the forced perspective is solid. Also, I recently rescanned the Legends of the DC Universe 3-D Gallery: Martian Manhunter by Tom Mandrake pin-up, which works much better with the brighter colors/higher contrast, especially when enlarged. You do still have a pair of old school analog 3-D specs in the back of your closet/garage/desk drawer, right?

2 comments:

Jordyn Nolz said...

I just found this blog, and I gotta say, I love it. Martian Manhunter is my favorite character. It started when I watched the animated Justice League and was set in stone ever since a friend got me the whole run of Ostrander's MM. Glad to see I'm not alone, because dang, lots of times it feels like I am.

Diabolu Frank said...

Glad you found us, even if it's the worst possible time in terms of my getting daily posts out. Come back tomorrow for more, and know that there are lots of folks who share your love for the Martian Manhunter.